llt.ltd creative, strategic branding & communication
Aspen Shakti – Aspen’s destination yoga studio, alchemy spa and wellness center is dedicated to inspiring physical, emotional and spiritual strength in a luminous space with gracious hospitality, cutting-edge teachers, a variety of quality classes, alchemy and shamanic healing and a carefully curated mix of inspired products and services. Founder, Jayne Gottlieb is a thought leader, community gatherer and the magnetic force behind Aspen Shakti. www.aspenshakti.com
THE BODY PRACTICE™ powered by Aspen Shakti | Fall Challenge Oct. 1-31 – in person + online | This practice truly evolved from Aspen Shakti founder Jayne Gottlieb’s 10 years of musical theater and monologue work, time in the acting world, and 10 years of yoga and fitness world. THE BODY PRACTICE™ helps participants move and reshape their internal energy and frequency. The end result is the participant’s bodies, words, thoughts, and actions then align and reflect this energetic transformation. This is the new ‘in shape’ outside. “360 degrees of fitness” breath, music, movement to change the internal energy.
- THE BODY OPEN – A yoga and breath based class intended to introduce you to the method, movement lexicon and philosophy of The Body Practice™. Students move slowly and synchronize to the beat of the music in order to elevate practitioner’s body self awareness and alignment.
- THE BODY STRONG – A high cardio yoga and HIIT based full body workout that uses music and physical movement synched together to strengthen, challenge, and wake up the full body. This variation has roots in vinyasa yoga, plyometrics, HIIT, ice-climbers, kick-boxing, capoeira, martial arts and resistance training.
- THE BODY ALIVE – The ultimate embodiment practice, with roots in yoga, african dance, high intensity cardio training, hip hop, capoeira, bollywood, tahitian and modern dance, shaking and isolated muscle strengthening.
- THE BODY RESTORED – A gentle, luxurious and restorative practice designed to open the body and the breath. Students will move to their breath to gently warm the body which sets the stage for deep stretching, elongation, and a release of tension or stiffness.
- THE BODY STILL – A meditation based physical and still experience designed to prepare the body to sit comfortably in silence, available to the whispers we can hear only when the mind softens and quiets. Students can expect a breath practice, a very brief physical practice, mantra and time for stillness.
Virtual Yoga & Meditation Videos: What is Essential to You? Exercise reduces stress, boosts endorphins and keeps you healthy. In lieu of heading to the gym or studio, Aspen Shakti’s virtual studio is now operational. Videos include restorative yoga, meditation, and a range of Vinyasa Flow depending on your mood and skill level. Subscribe to Aspen Shakti’s new YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE.
- Stress Relief Playlist: Restorative Yoga for Stress, Sleep and Anxiety
- Breathwork Playlist: Energizing Pranayama
- Mediate with an Olympian: 30-Day Meditation with Gretchen Bleiler
- The Meditation Challenge restarts May 6 – June 30th, 2020.
BUILDING A YOGA SANCTUARY FROM HOME WITH SHAKTI
Traveling Sanctuary Boxes – Choose from: an Abundance Ritual Box, a Romantic Ritual Box, a Full Moon Release and a New Moon Manifestation Ritual Box ($85 apiece). Boxes include:
- Crystals selected to support your designed intention
- Essential oil for aromatherapy
- Palo santo and sage to clear space
- Personal items for specific intentions
- Leather skein to place items upon
PRIVATE YOGA ‘Sanctuary Space Setting’ – The Aspen Shakti team will first clear your designated space by using sage and palo santo, followed by the installation of a sanctuary ideal for meditation or intimate conversations. Arrive to your hotel/lodging/home to find it abundantly adorned with flowers, candles and crystals. The experience includes: a sheepskin blanket, a meditation pillow, and an Aspen Shakti gift basket. (Price: $500/ hotel room. $700/ home or condo + $100/per additional room)
- The Enlightenment Library at the Aspen Shakti store.
- The Meditation Zone – This is a vignette example of what you can do in your own home.
- Shamanic Astrology readings by Sheridan Semple.
- Reiki Healings – Intuitive energy healings by practitioner Marisa Hallsted.
- Shamanic Healing by Jenna Walter.
Aspen Custom Vans – Own, rent or remodel from a fleet of customized 4×4 Mercedes Sprinter vans. Functional, custom-designed and attractive, these vans are built-out with every luxury in mind. The 4-person dinette converts to a queen-sized bed with accessible storage solutions below. Custom van rentals for $220/night ~ Fractional ownership of vans ~ Fairly priced remodels & build-outs ~ Consultation for people interested in building out their own custom vans ~ www.aspencustomvans.com
Bespoke #Vanlife: Rejecting the cookie-cutter approach to RV rentals, Aspen Custom Vans is in the business of helping people create memories with their family and loved ones. Aspen-based founders Kimbo and Jason Schirato partner with peer-to-peer rental company Outdoorsy to offer customized van rentals, including:
- The security of roadside assistance.
- Insurance up to $1 million.
- Travel connoisseurs to offer support such as smore-cooking 101 + destination guides.
- Home is where you park it – no setup or teardown at each destination.
Custom Conversions Build + Available to Rent – Photos Available. Check out the new builds! https://www.aspencustomvans.com/van-conversions)
‘Grey Wolf’ – 2018 170 WB Mercedes Benz Sprinter Van -This is the perfect family van.New 2018 Sprinter 2500 with 1500 miles, built to seat and sleep 2 adults and 2 kids. The bed was built with bike storage in mind, adding flares for sideways sleeping. The kitchen features clever storage, trash drawers, and a deep sink with hot and cold water. There is a hot and cold water shower out of the back to spray down bikes, dogs and kids. An induction cook-top plugs into any outlet. The second row 2-seater bench seat is perfect for kids, and both front seats swivel for socializing and to accommodate the amazing double bunk kid sleeping system. Finally, a removable cassette RV toilet is located in a drawer that you can use inside or out.
Ski With Kim – When she isn’t at home in Aspen, CO or surfing at her off-the-grid casa in Baja, Mexico — the World, U.S. and South American Extreme Skiing Champion, Kim Reichhelm, can be found on the slopes, just about anywhere in the world, hosting adventurous, exciting and life-changing ski camps. Kim’s ski camps are unique and valuable experiential trips that leave lasting memories. Kim has skied with the U.S. Ski Team, the Women’s Pro Tour and has made numerous television appearances including Late Night with David Letterman, Dateline NBC, ESPN and FOX. She was recently named by SKI magazine as one of the “Top Most Influential Skiers of All Time.” www.skiwithkim.com
Story Idea: Skiing & surfing – Live by the same rules:
Reichhelm’s surfing career started in Baja, Mexico when she was 35 years old. Although far from perfect, since then she has spent many a day on the waters of Baja trying to perfect her wave riding. A fortuitous opportunity while visiting Bali, Indonesia, put her in the position of “trying to get comfortable with the uncomfortable feeling of being challenged, Reichhelmsaid: “I realized that this is how some of my clients feel, completely intimidated and unable to function because of apprehension. I’m in my 50s; I’m not the fearless maniac I used to be. But this does not mean I can’t learn and improve. We all need to take on challenges in small pieces and embrace the uncomfortable. Whether in sports or in life, we never know where the reward may lie.”
Spiro Lyon ~ Glass Casting & Blowing
Founded in 1924 by Lee Lyon, Jacqueline Spiro-Balderson partnered with Lyon in 1990, and a few years later, Dylan Balderson joined the Spiro Lyon Glass team with experience in glassblowing and an expertise in woodworking. For the past 23 years, the three of them have explored the many aspects of glass for use in design, sculpture, craft, and architecture — along with creating their one of a kind glass casting technique. http://www.spirolyonglass.com/
New Kiln in the Roaring Fork Valley: Spiro-Balderson is building a brand-new kiln in the Roaring Fork Valley “brick by brick.” Planned for completion this month, stay tuned for more details about their unique project of building a glass furnace. The hot glass team is available to speak more about this project that will elevate glass works created here in the valley. Classes to resume in spring of 2020.
Demesne Architecture – Distinction by design — using a holistic approach to architecture, interiors and landscaping, Demesne does not see three separate jobs, rather three entities considered together: a site, a building and the people. Architecture and design become the solution, contextualizing the home within the context of form, function and living. Demesne uses an architectural vocabulary, including climate, setting and the lifestyle needs of the client. With offices in Dallas and Aspen, Demesne has designed boutique hospitality and luxury residential architecture and interiors for over 15 years. https://www.demesne.design/
Architecture Trends –
- Reducing Tech to Create a Sanctuary in the House – Today’s homes need to be a real place of refuge. Future of tech is still uncertain – homeowners are asking “how is this technology ultimately going to change what we do and how we live?’ Moving forward, architectural technology will evolve because of this period: home as a “studio” for video conference and phone calls with backdrops and lighting playing a part.
- Thoughtful Design Replaces Square Footage = land costs + people being more aware of the environment. Tricking them out more = higher quality and more spent per square foot, but with thoughtful design in a space that is slightly smaller. People live most of their lives in areas that they find comforting. The designer needs to create spaces that are beautiful yet provide solace to the soul.
Potential Story Ideas:
New Featured Build: Webb project -Cabins at the Roaring Fork Club
- Exterior in traditional cabin-style with modern interiors and unique elements.
- This is a traditional woodsy cabin with a rustic, warm feel. Every square inch is wood but clean with thoughtful lines and design.
Artist’s Barn Studio Transformed into Modern Home | To be complete in June
- Local artist Chris Cox built existing home 10-15 years ago against the Basalt mountains – Demesne architects are now converting the open studio space and 2-bedroom home into a 5-bedroom modern home paying homage to the original structure housing expansive artist studio and living spaces.
- Preserving original structure made from dismantled barn with all the timbers that was shipped from the Midwest and erected in Pitkin County to make a barn-like structure with an expansive studio and home.
- Example of how to use reclaimed materials, modern interiors and restructuring existing space for contemporary family.
Melding art and design at Demesne – Founder and Lead architect, Richard Mullen’s artwork and sketch examples available upon request. Mullen can give examples of how architecture is a form of art and talk about how his process is different when creating works on the page.
- Link to Artwork: Google Drive
Aspen Public Radio, broadcasting on 91.5 KAJX, Aspen and 88.9 KCJX, Carbondale, as well as several translators is a public radio station located in Aspen, Colorado, serving communities in the Roaring Fork, Crystal, Colorado, Frying Pan and Eagle River valleys. Their primary format is NPR news. Their mission is to support, nourish, and enrich the community by providing informative, entertaining and educational radio and digital programming in a reliable and professional manner.
Share Your Stories from Quarantine: Record and send in an audio clip to be preserved in perpetuity in the Aspen Historical Society Archive and broadcasted on APR. Full details: https://www.aspenpublicradio.org/quarantine-stories-recording-history
- APR and Aspen Historical Society are asking readers from our community to help capture history in the making by contributing audio recordings to “Quarantine Stories: Recording History,” a new community oral history project.
- Record stories as a voice memo on your phone and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-812-3726 and leave your story as a voicemail.
- Selected stories, and selections of stories, will be broadcast on Aspen Public Radio as on-air features and will be on the APR website.
APR Wins 2020 Award for Reporting: Colorado Broadcasters Association (CBA) Gives APR Certificate of Merit for ’Best News Feature, Report or Series Bearing Down’ for reporter Alex Hager’s reported feature, “How Police Respond To Ursine Visitors.”
- About the story; Across the state and the nation, law enforcement agencies are testing and utilizing new ways to handle bears that wander into town. Aspen Police Department employs a practice called aversive conditioning, repeatedly pestering the bear with physical discomfort and loud noises until it leaves the area. By hazing a bear repeatedly, police hope it will stay out of town to avoid discomfort and people in the future.
BREAKING NEWS DESTINATION – Streaming 24/7 important Roaring Fork Valley updates and statewide mandates on Coronavirus and beyond. Listen live: aspenpublicradio.org
- APR is working directly with Pitkin County to provide free announcements and updates about the coronavirus on the air as part of our station’s commitment to informing the public. We will continue to provide updates on the air, as well as on the website.
- APR is utilizing our Rocky Mountain Why? platform in reverse to ask users on our web site, “what questions do you have about the coronavirus?” to help inform our coverage and answer your concerns. Rocky Mountain Why– Involves energizing ideas for news stories suggested by listeners. Heading out to get answers to community questions, bringing the quadrant along for the ride with producers, offers a balance of positive stories with daily news coverage.
NEW PROGRAMMING: Local Topics Get the Spotlight
APR is not only the local news source you can rely on for breaking updates but as your virtual destination for informative and engaging content about our community, history, and the way we live.
– Additional innovative local content, including news series Rocky Mountain Why?, podcast Gen Z Tea, and live programs Tell Me More Tour are available and forthcoming this spring.
Marble Distilling Co. is a female-founded, award-winning and zero-waste craft spirits distillery, luxury boutique ‘Distillery Inn’ and tasting room located in the heart of historic Carbondale. Marble Distilling Co. is the only distiller filtering spirits through crushed, 99.5% calcite Yule marble, from the quarry in Marble, Colorado. This is the same quarry where they sourced the stone for columns of the Lincoln Memorial and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. This all natural, one of a kind filtration system allows the flavor of the 100% Colorado grains to shine through yet affords a smooth, creamy finish. Marble Bar Aspen is the tasting room located in the Grand Hyatt in downtown Aspen. www.marbledistilling.com
Virtual Quarantine Cocktail Challenge: Using just 4 Ingredients, bartenders are developing Apres-themed Quarantine Cocktail (or Mocktail) to compete for the title of best mixologist. Marble Distilling is participating in the virtual Apres Ski Quarantined Cocktail Challenge, presented by the Aspen Temperance Society, in lieu of the annual Apres Ski Cocktail Classic. Visit Apresskicc.com for more updates, watch videos, and to donate “tips” to the bartender’s fund to support these mixologists during restaurant closures.
Keep Your Spirits Up During the COVID-19 Lock Down + Artisanal Hand Sanitizer
Sip on batched cocktails and enjoy bottle delivery from Marble Distilling Co. with 100% of the proceeds put towards keeping Marble’s staff employed.
- Purchase a minimum of two bottles for free delivery and receive a bottle of Marble artisanal hand sanitizer.
- Place your order by 2PM for same-day delivery to Basalt, Carbondale and Glenwood – Wednesday through Saturday. Call for Aspen delivery days and times. Credit Card charged at time of order, 21+ ID required. Tax not included. Call 970 963 7008.
Artisanal Hand Sanitizer: Sip on batched cocktails and enjoy bottle delivery from Marble Distilling Co. with 100% of the proceeds put towards keeping Marble’s staff employed, as well as repurposing the distillery to make gel based hand sanitizer for healthcare workers and the general public.
Sheet:See Full List Here
ARTISANAL HAND SANITIZER: Marble Offers Special Pricing for First Responders
Marble Distilling CO & The Distillery Inn! Hand Sanitizer Price Sheet:
- 190 Ethanol Alcohol – First Responders/Medical Personal/Police $20/Liter, $325 for 13 Liters in a 5 Gallon Bucket
- 190 Ethanol Alcohol – Commercial/Retail $25/Liter Commercial, $325 for 13 Liters in a 5 Gallon Bucket, $15/375ml Bottles Commercial/Retail
- Hand Sanitizer – First Responders/Medical Personal/Police $10/16oz Pump Bottles $70/Gallon
- Hand Sanitizer – Commercial/Retail $11/16oz Pump Bottles $80/Gallon
NEW! TO GO 750ML Batched Cocktails: Bonedale Bloody, JJ Curly, Marble-Rita, Dude
- Bonedale Bloody: 4+8oz vodka cocktails, 4 garnish sticks w/pepper, cornichon, olive $36
- JJ Curly: 12 – 2oz whiskey cocktails, 12 Luxardo cherries, 1 orange $110
- Marble-Rita: 5 – 5oz vodka cocktails, 5 jalapeno slices, ginger rim $35
- Dude: 8+ 3 oz vodka + EXpresso vodka cocktails, heavy cream, chocolate shavings $48
750ML Bottles of Spirits Infused Vodkas – $38 per bottle: Vanilla, Lavender, Apple, Pepper, Grapefruit, Citrus, Cucumber, Ginger.
Marble Vodka $32, Gingercello $33, Moonlight EXpresso $33, Gingercello Reserve $55, Jezzie’s Gin $32 Hoovers Revenge – Rye $70, Triticale Whiskey $80, Bourbon $90, Blended or Snow Whiskey $45
ABOUT MARK OLDMAN
Mark Oldman is a wine expert, author, entrepreneur, speaker, and media personality, and, elementally, someone who delights in helping people simplify complex subjects. In the world of wine, he is known for his singular ability to unravel wine’s complexities with a potent blend of entertainment, style, and humor. Mark’s enduring, award-winning books are considered by many to be best of their kind and a world away from the sleep-including tomes of many wine experts. His standing invitations to the country’s top food festivals and consistently sold-out events attest to his position as one of gastronomy’s most captivating speakers. Named “everybody’s favorite wine expert” by festival guru Lee Brian Schrager and a “hot ticket” by the New York Post, Mark brings the ruckus to audiences at major fairs, corporations, and institutions around the world. More details on Oldman’s seminars here and at www.markoldman.com.