Traverse City, Leelanau County, MI
- Traverse City Whiskey Co. – TC
- Northern Latitudes Distillery – Lake Leelanau
- L.Mawby Winery / Big Little -several wineries, beautiful view. Sutton’s Bay favorite winery!!!
- Tandem Ciders – cider. Sutton’s Bay Area-Favorite setting, vibe and cider!!!
- Greenbird Cellars – Northport. Very quaint! One of my favorites!!!
- Hop Lot – Beer. Cider. Sparkling rose. Sutton’s Bay (go early in the day/for lunch or early afternoon. Fills up fast after 3/4pm. Fun and family friendly.
- Left Foot Charlie’s – Beer. Same area as Stella. Commons neighborhood. – TC
- The Garage (bar) – Northport
- Bluebird – Great bar and pizza
- It’s Knot Just a Bar
- Friendly’s Happy Hour Tavern – casual, pub style restaurant between Leland and Northport. Good place to play cards on a rainy day!Kemp’s – then go south ocean drive on west side
- Tribune- Favorite breakfast spot — great food! Put your name down (always a wait) for a table while you walk around town. -Northport.
- The Cove – lunch or dinner. Outdoor seating with a view of Fishtown. Good for Whitefish Pate dip! Cherry chicken salad. Whitefish taco wraps. -Leland/Fishtown
- The Riverside – Dinner. Nice dining. Make reservations. Request deck. Great salads and entrees. Picturesque on the river. -Leland
- Sandwiches or take out for a picnic: The Cheese Shop in Fishtown or Trish’s Dishes (also food or espresso style coffees here)
- Martha’s – Old House on Main Street. Solid, nice sitdown restaurant for lunch or dinner food!
- Sutton’s Bay
- Art’s Tavern – Good burgers, tater tots, fun divey vibe. Good pub. Always packed. -Glen Arbor
- The Commons is a cool area to check out!
- Trattoria Stella’s – Amazing pizza. It’s really dark inside so not always my choice but good for a rainy day. In a cool development of an old area of TC called The Commons for walking around and shopping. – TC
- Mama Lu’s – casual but really good Mexican- on Front St. – TC
- Clay Cliffs – 15 minute walk through forest to a beautiful view of Lake MI and return through a field overlooking Lake Leelanau.
- Pyramid Point – 20 minute hike through forest/dune to beautiful view of Lake MI, south and North Manitou and Fox islands.
- Empire Bluffs – 15 minute walk through forest to two stunning views. After: Go to Grocer’s Daughter for homemade chocolates, fudgesicles, the best chocolate chip cookies you’ve ever tasted. Favorite beach- North Bar is right near here.
- Christmas Cove (nearest to Northport)
- Glen Haven beach & the Cannery Boat Museum (just past Glen Arbor)
- North Bar Beach – favorite all time beach past a little lake (Empire)
- North Beach. South Beach. Or Van’s Beach (Leland)
- Peterson Park; Christmas Cove – Northport
- Tamarack Gallery – Omena
- Leland Gal (friend Maggie is owner) – Fishtown
- Duneberrys (Lilly Pulitzer style) – Leland
- Ben Maier ceramics (Childhood friend) – Leland
- Cute clothing stores in Glen Arbor on Main Street
- Ella’s (haute couture clothes) – Front Street – Traverse City
- Kali’s Cottons (clothes downstairs, housewares upstairs)
- Wood & Cloth (housewares) – Traverse City (next to Alliance and Black Market)
- Bohemian Cafe – coffee, sandwiches (new in Northport)
- Trish’s Dishes – Leland
- Glen Arbor Coffee Co. (forget name. On main drag) -Glen Arbor
- Black Market – TC
- Morsels – coffee by river. cute mini cupcakes – TC
- 9 Bean Rows – Farm Stand-Sutton’s Bay
- Farmers markets
TBD Summer Dates:
- Monday – Pop up shops at Leland Gal in Fishtown 5-8 pm
- Friday – Northport Farmer’s Market. (Hit this while waiting for your table at Tribune for breakfast/brunch.) 9-11 am
- Glen Arbor Farmer’s Market. 9-11 am
Check Northport concert and event schedule as they have live music and fire dancers on certain nights.