pr & brand strategy – building blocks to public relations and communications outreach as well as creative brand strategy for you, your brand or service.
pr & brand strategy
pr & brand strategy
→ Organize, launch and manage creative marketing and public relations strategy, focusing on brand strategy and communications development.
→ Employ creative strategies to ensure success in client’s objectives.
→ Create action items for business development.
Determine best methods to use stories to draw in new and existing target audiences, as well as increase profile, and build brand awareness resulting in positive outcomes.
Partner with like-minded cultural, community and public-focused media outlets, businesses, nonprofits and consumers.
- Increase visibility and awareness on a local, regional, state, national and international level.
- Increase active engagement of audiences.
- Maintain positive, steady growth in all areas of client’s resources, sales and exposure as a result of public relations & marketing efforts.
- Secure targeted editorial stories in digital and print media publications.
- Create and establish clear communications and key messages across all platforms for media and public outreach, as well as tools that can be used for marketing collateral and for training employees.
RESEARCH & DISCOVERY
- Determine where client is positioned and stands out within the marketplace.
- Analyze and research the target customer and his/her interests.
- Analyze and benchmark who competitors are and what they are doing.
- Ascertain which publications (print/online), blogs, broadcast and promotional events fit and have the highest ROI.
- Collect data and statistics in consumer-facing behavior and emerging trends.
DEVELOP A TARGET CUSTOMER PROFILE
- Narrow target audience demographics: age, sex, race, income, marital status, location, personality type/habits.
- Develop strategies around target customers’ psychographics: interests, activities, time spent, use of media platforms.
NETWORKING & RELATIONSHIPS
- Develop and cultivate relationships with new and existing local, regional, national and international media: editors, freelance writers, broadcast journalists, opinion-makers and influencers.
- Organize media missions in top markets to pitch story ideas with in-person meetings.
- Organize and host media events.
- Personal and directed follow up via email, phone calls, meetings.
- Create relationships with local and regional public relations counterparts and teams.
STRATEGIES, TACTICS & OUTREACH
- Conduct a Strength/Weakness/Opportunity/Threat (S.W.O.T.) analysis – in what areas to grow/strengthen?
- Create strategic ‘PR activations’ to draw in media for stories, coverage, and interest.
- Repackage/rebrand current products, activities and resources for new and increased exposure.
- Develop a timeline and schedule for public relations – marketing – social media strategy and plans.
- Create a media database of local, regional, national and international contacts.
- Disseminate press releases, news blasts, invitations, updates and information to media and consumers about client information.
- Approach media with targeted story pitches, event opening invitations, calendar inclusions, interviews and tours.
- Create virtual experiences of activities, products and venues for media familiarization for use on website and shared via emails, eblasts.
- Organize shipments of marketing collateral and products to media out of range.
- Conduct monthly brainstorming round table sessions with key staff/contractors in marketing and public relations.
- Organize tours and conduct interviews of resources and key leaders, as requested by media.
- Update and create media kit, ‘fun facts’, top ten lists, Q&A, interviews.
- Create story pitch angles with ‘insta-story’ snapshots and videos to tell stories as a modern-day media kit.
- Organize professional photography/video of venues, exhibits, activities for public relations and marketing collateral.
- Host unique and interactive media events/receptions.
- Determine current statistics of social media activity before marketing and public relations actions commence.
- Evaluate the success of marketing and public relations actions: media impressions, social media growth, interaction and engagement, sales and market growth, referral traffic to website.
- After development and implementation of public relations and marketing strategy, evaluate the effectiveness in meeting the criteria that were set, to both assess the effectiveness of the effort and to plan future action.